Begins today! I'm not even kidding. I am all of a sudden very, VERY annoyed with my messy house so last night I sat down and made up a list of chores. I wrote down everything I wanted down and then divided everything up on each day between today and Sunday. The plan is that everyday Chris and I will do all the chores listed for that day and then my whole chore list will be done and all we will have to do is maintain it! It seems a little overboard I know, but I don't keep a clean house, haha. I mean there isn't piles of food sitting around but the are certainly piles around. My thriving social life keeps me behind on silly little chores....kidding. In truth I can think of 9 million better things to do than clean and since most of Chris's job involves cleaning the last thing he wants to do when he gets home is clean more (understandable- by that same theory I ignore all phone calls at home) and so our house isn't spotless. Most of the time I don't mind either unless company is coming over. And my mom popping in doesn't count- she raised me and knows how I like to live! But anyways- for today, we actually did very well. Chris found out quickly though that we don't have any room for clothes anymore (see! We do laundry so often we didn't even realize that have all the laundry done at one time means we don't have room to put it away!) and so we had to do some reorganizing to fit all the clothes in the dresser and closet. I got stuck with dishes tonight which is uber annoying because I have to stand sideways to reach the sink. But the point is we made it through our chore list for the day which is a nice feeling. Now I don't feel like there is anything that HAS to be done- but when I inevitably get bored of the internet I will be actually working ahead on the chore list! Sweet!
On another note and on the subject of moms and ice cream. I love ice cream. Sadly I though my ice cream days were over for awhile because of the diabetes. Now here is my mom to save the day with carb control chocolate ice cream! At first I was very skeptical and all of a sudden felt like Garfield being presented with a vegetarian lasagna. But I gave it a shot and its wonderful! I can have a whole cup of ice cream now as a snack and its allowed! Yea!
Well now that this post has spiraled wonderfully out of control I will leave. Tomorrow I will have an update about the baby and all that jazz.
No comments:
Post a Comment