Tuesday, December 16, 2008

recap of the doctors

Well I went to the doctors today to discuss the results of the glucose test and here is what I found out. First off, if you don't know about how the 3 hr glucose test works it goes like this: you take your first blood draw after you have been fasting for 12 hrs. Then you drink this nasty drink that has something like 100 grams of glucose in it. Then every hour for the next hour they take a blood sample. At the end you samples should fall into certain ranges for that hour. To "fail" the test you need to be out of range for 2 of the 4 draws. I was out of range for all four. Boo. So NOW- I have to change doctors. I have to go to an actually ob versus my family doctor that I've been seeing because he can't handle high risk cases, which is what I now am. O also have to go to the diabetes clinic to find out if I have to take insulin shots or not...and I'll be having more ultrasounds and non-stress tests to watch the size of the baby. Oh and lastly he said I WILL NOT be going past my due date carrying this baby because it is to risky. In fact he said they may induce at 37-38 weeks even. So that is kind of a surreal to hear that you will, no matter what, have a baby by X date. Even though you think that anyways there is always the chance you will carry late, but to hear that that isn't an option is the weird part.... So I'm having an ultrasound (technically a bio physical profile) on Friday w and they will do not only an ultrasound but a non-stress test and something else I can't remember. Man. This is kinda starting to suck really bad.....

No comments: