Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weight Loss Challenge

So, I finally am doing it. I signed up for the Weight Loss Challenge at work. It was kind of by accident that I'm in it. I missed the dead line and forgot about it, but by a lucky chance I got in anyways. So I'm a couple weeks behind everyone but at least I get to do it. I have 2 classes a week, one is a weigh in and food journal check and (in my case) work out with my trainer night. The other night is a class with a nutritionist that covers various topics to helps us be successful in our goals and to learn how to eat healthier overall. The trainer is hard work for sure. I had a completely different idea about what a trainer does and I was wrong. The first night I think I pulled a muscle in my leg! But I know in the end it will be worth it! The other thing that has been an eye opener is the keeping of the food journal. I've long maintained that despite how it APPEARS I eat, I actually don't eat all that much, and I don't really eat that much junk food. That has been reflected in my journal and its helped me see that I've been actually eating far, far to little. Some days under 1000 calories a day (my daily goal is 1800!). It seems kind of bass-ackward, but I've got my body convinced to prepare its self for an ice age or something and so it literally is hanging on to every little bit of fat it gets. So I've been trying my hardest to eat more and its hard because here I am trying to LOSE weight but eating MORE! Some days, in fact most, I just can't eat as much as they want, which is 3 meals and 3 snacks for a total of 1800 calories. Its tougher than I imagined for sure but what can you expect when you are used to eating only 800 calories? You can't just flip a switch and suddenly start eating 1000 more calories a day unless your eating big macs for 2 separate meals (which makes my stomach hurt just thinking about) instead of your fish and salad. *sigh*
I've also started taking a new class. Its called Zumba and it is SO much fun. I actually look FORWARD to going to the class because its that much fun! Its a latin dance inspired class so you spend a lot of time shakin' your booty and twisting your hips. Its a very good workout!
Well that's all I have to ramble about tonight. I've got some cute pictures I need to upload so those will probably be online soon. Time to go cook my fabulous husband his dinner.
Don't forget to take a second and consider making a donation to March of Dimes- link at the top of my page.
Also- don't forget about the super, duper, most awesome GIVEAWAY ever!

No comments: